Discover Trieste through literary itinerary, liberty and neoclassical.
- literary itineraries Trieste was the cradle of Svevo and Saba, Joyce's procuress, Richard Francis Burton's "favourite retreat" and the consular office of Charles Lever, Stendhal and Ivo Andrić. It was godmother to the works of Vladimir Bartol, Srečko Kosovel, Fulvio... read more >
- Liberty in Trieste Liberty was a style that aroused more than a few controversies and objections, often having more of a political and ideological nature than an artistic one. An example is the final verdict of Silvio Benco, a well-known exponent of Trieste's cult... read more >
- Neoclassicism in Trieste "Trieste is a city of tall, vast buildings ordered a bit severely in their simplicity, without digressions or artistic whims - offices, workshops and commercial buildings where all concessions are incorporated in the compromised entrance area, a... read more >
read more >
- Routes ScopriTrieste Explore Trieste Trieste began working with Discover in this section with tips and ideas to discover the city through other points of view . read more >
- Imperial destinies In search of Napoleon in Trieste read more >
- Trieste particular and unseen This post is for those who enjoy itineraries that are off the beaten track. read more >