from 18 December 2019 to 7 June 2020
A major exhibition on the brilliant Dutch artist who is one of the best loved by the general public the world over
The major exhibition devoted to the brilliant Dutch artist Maurits Cornelis Escher is being held at the Salone degli Incanti in Trieste from 18 December 2019 to 7 June 2020.
Escher was born in Holland in 1898 and died there in 1972. In 1922 he came to Italy for the first time and made the country his home for many years, travelling its whole length form north to south and depicting it in many of his works. Restless, reserved and an undisputed genius, in his famous engravings and lithographs Escher created a unique, imaginative, impossible world combining art, mathematics, science, physics and design. Discovered by the general public in recent years, he has become one of the most popular artists worldwide, in fact his exhibitions have had record visitor attendance.
Now a retrospective comprising 200 works and all his masterpieces is coming to Trieste, thanks to Trieste City Council and Arthemisia, which confirms the partnership previously crowned by the resounding success of the exhibition 'I Love Lego', which was a record-breaking event to date for the capital city of the Friuli Venezia Giulia region.
#GiftForGuests > Stay in Trieste and get your free Ticket
Urgent measures for the containment and management of the epidemiological emergency from COVID-2019 (Coronavirus)
- suspension of all manifestations or initiatives of any nature and events in a public or private place, both indoors and open to the public, of a recreational, sporting, religious, cultural nature, night clubs
- Closure of educational services for children and schools of all levels, recreational and PAG
- Suspension of the opening services to the public of museums, libraries and to all other institutes and places of culture
- Suspension of the competition for 12 nursery school teacher positions scheduled for February 25, 2020
- Suspension of the city's Carnival parade scheduled for Tuesday 25 February 2020
A seguito dell'ordinanza contingibile ed urgente del Ministero della Salute firmata d'intesa con il Presidente della Regione Autonoma Friuli Venezia Giulia vengono indicate le misure in atto sul territorio di Trieste
- sospensione di tutte le manifestazioni o iniziative di qualsiasi natura e eventi in luogo pubblico o privato, sia in luogo chiuso che aperto al pubblico, di natura culturale ludico sportiva, religiosa, discoteche locali notturni
- Chiusura dei servizi educativi dell'infanzia e delle scuole di ogni ordine e grado, ricreatori e PAG
- Sospensione dei servizi di apertura al pubblico dei musei, biblioteche e a tutti gli altri istituti e luoghi della cultura
- Sospensione del concorso per 12 posti di insegnante di scuola dell'infanzia previsto per il 25 febbraio 2020
- Sospensione della sfilata del Carnevale cittadino prevista per martedì 25 febbraio 2020